Sunday, August 7, 2016

Walking off lead

We went on our daily walk a little earlier today. She was Raring to go. Was doing speedy runs back and forth along the verandah before we even left the house, and managed to topple wolfiepup down in her excitement. That hasn't happened for a while. *shakes head*

Something kept on grabbing her attention on the walk though, and I tried my best to be vigilant.

I spy with my sighthound eyes...
First she'd stop and stare, and then you'd see her ears pop up..



And then you'd have to call her back before she pelted off.

Aww, c'mon mum! Stop being such a spoil sport...
She did good at the beginning, but then caught a whiff of goodness knows what. I certainly didn't see it. Her tail rose up high to a L shape, and she was off, bounding around in circles. And no amount of "Ginger!" "Oi!" and "Come!" worked. I even crouched down low at one stage. And she came towards me, but scooted off to the right at the last minute, tricky girl.

It was actually quite amazing to watch as she bounded in and out of the high branches, a bit like a kangaroo jumping around.

I finally grabbed a hold of her as she stood sniffing something on the ground, and we spent the rest of the walk with my hand on her collar. I let her off towards the end, but she stuck close.

I was reading something the other night about how you shouldn't pet dogs on the face/ears, but I swear, if I do it and stop she pushes her head into my hand for more.

So that made for an interesting if not ideal walk. The new puppy is due tomorrow, and I think we'll be back on lead for a little while. That in itself, should be interesting. Need to pick a name too.

We'll decide when he arrives and spends some time with us.

Last day of independent freedom, Ginger. Better make the most of it... she's currently chilling out in the yard trying to lick all the peanut butter off her squeaky toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment