Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Cross dressing, laundry renovations and a morning escapade

I awoke this morning to the sound of a squeal of protest. By now I have learnt that if I hear any kind of rumblings in the laundry in the morning that it's wise to get in there sooner rather than later...

I dragged myself up to open the laundry door and was surprised to discover I couldn't actually open the door. I had to really push. Is Larry stuck against the door perhaps? I thought.

Nope, it was one of my laundry baskets. Uh-oh.. not a good sign.

And true to form, after I let the dogs out into the yard, this is the disaster zone I was met with:


On the plus side there was no wee on the floor despite not doing anything when let out before bedtime.

On the downside, wolfiepup's fairy dress (the pink concoction in the bottom left corner) is a wreck. I thought it had made it, but in fact the bottom is torn up.

Her bib is also destroyed (the blue plastic scattered across the floor), but that's fine. She hasn't used it for at least a year, so it just needed one more wash before being put away. Well, that solves that problem.

Toilet paper was the main victirm.

The floor also smelt of vinegar from the bottle on the floor. There are no puncture marks, so I take it it simply leaked a bit from lying on the floor and being squashed.

Perhaps the doggies were deciding that the state of my laundry was not up to scratch, and that they wanted their bedding aired out?

But I think the main reason for the Destruction, was because Larry wanted to try on wolfiepup's fairy dress but Ginger wouldn't let him - hence the squeal I heard.

It's nice when girls look out for each other.

After sorting out the laundry I climbed back into bed and tried to drift off to the sound of the wolfies rumbling in the yard. Ah, serenity...

But after a while, the pounding of paws on rock stopped and all was quiet. I didn't like the sound of that at all. Wolfieboy didn't seem too fussed, and I was too tired to get up. Half an hour later, wolfieboy got up to investigate. Only to discover that my suspicions were correct, and the wolfies had in fact gone for a wander...

Up I go, leads in hand to trek up the hill, prepared to do our usual walk to see if they had run off in that direction. Not 5 mins on the hill crying out "Larry!" "Ginger!" and up bounds Larry. Crawls through the wombat crawl space and sits promptly for me. Good boy!!

I send him down to wolfieboy, and go back up to look for Ginger. A few minutes later, she bounds up also.

*sigh*

So much drama for one morning.

Both look like they're in good nick. I think they spotted a roo on the other side of the pen and bounded out to chase them. Ginger's notorious for chasing. And she's passing on her bad habits to Larry. Wolfieboy found where they got out, so at least there's that. Another spot to patch up.

They were in the neighbouring paddock, and we were worried about the neighbour's sheep. But both dogs don't look like they found anything, so that's a relief.

It's also good to know that Larry is just as keen as Ginger to come home. I guess that's a silver lining, of sorts.

I'm glad they came back so quickly upon hearing me yell for them. It may have been timing and they were already headed back (wolfieboy had been calling from the verandah), or they were simply close by.

They are now chilling in the yard sunbaking. Ah, the dog's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment