Monday, August 1, 2016

Ginger the Off Lead Lap Cuddler

Another day of walking Ginger off lead today. To be honest, I have no idea where the lead is. I had it 3 days ago. But I don't know where I put it. Good thing she's much improved, and a lot better on recall to boot.

Well that's just ridiculous, isn't it? I've been good for a while now, y'know? If you'd bothered to trust me..
Yeah, good point, Ginger. But you gotta admit, your track record wasn't all that great when you first arrived.

I'd forgotten what it was like to have a big dog yanking on the lead after years of Fred and Elsie. Suddenly you were dragging me left right and center. And when you decided there was something you wanted to chase, there was no getting you back.

Lucky for us you're a pack dog and always came back. Much more so than my two Wanderers.

The sad thing of course, is that I have to yell 'oi' in order to get you back. Not exactly the best word to use, but hey, if it works, eh?

Whatever, mum...
Now, about some cuddles..
 Oh yeah, that's also been nice too. You're trotting beside me for quite a lot now too, and you seem to be enjoying your neck scratches as we take a walk.

Wait, where are you going now?

Sorry - just thought I saw something.
Oh wait, or maybe I heard something..
What *is* that?! Is it a roo?! Hrmm, maybe not. Ok, time to move on.
Oh, now what? I just want to go take a look...
 Of course, the other way to get you to come to me, is to simply crouch down low. Then you run straight at me in order to put your head in my lap. I swear I've never had a more smoochy dog.

Lap Cuddles, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment