Friday, August 26, 2016

Ginger gets in a jam

Ginger is out of commission after misbehaving on her walk with wolfieboy two days ago. She disappeared for 10 mins, and eventually came home looking very sheepish and practically crawling into the house.

Wolfieboy thought nothing of it, but that night as I watched them, I noticed a little speck of red on her foot. Oh no, did they have another altercation??

I lift up her leg to inspect and to my horror discovered a bloody gash on the inside of her leg near the armpit. 

Ginger!!!

Luckily I still had lots of the painkiller and some antibiotics left from her misunderstanding with Larry, so I gave her those, and watched as she limped to her dinner. I put some antiseptic cream on it, and decided to see what we should do in the morning.

Morning brought with it a more gaping wound. I had a better look, and it seemed the gash cut through the skin, but not through muscle.

We decided to take her to the Vet. Wolfieboy took her out and I went to work.

The vet suggested we put a bandage around it, and that it would take about a month to properly heal. She advised against stitches as she'd had another dog come in recently with a similar wound, and the stitches had torn out, based on the fact that the site was a very active one. i.e. they run around so much it's not really suitable for stitches.

That's fine, I think. Except I then come home to this..

 
Talk about overkill. the smiley faces on the yellow fibreglass whatsit just makes it even more ridiculous looking. 

For a gash that's about 2cm long, the crop top is just a bit extreme, if you ask me.

It's going to be an interesting week with Ginger confined to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment