Saturday, September 10, 2016

When blonde dogs become brown

Two days in town, dogs left to their own devices sans human, and what happens?

They find a new escape route and check out the dam.

Wolfieboy came home first to find Ginger outside trying to find a way in. Larry nowhere to be found.

I come home half an hour later, which coincides with Larry's return. Except my blonde smoochmonster has turned into a brown shoe polish dog who desperately wants to turn my work outfit into the same colour.

Suffice to say they spent most of the evening outside, got fed right before bedtime and sent straight into the laundry sans bedding.

The good news is that once the mud dries off it just falls off like powder. This is what I was met with in the morning:

 

And this is what I found on the front door.


That would have happened after they realised they weren't going to be allowed in that night. The scrabbling at the door sounded like they were knocking to be let in. lol

The next morning wolfieboy gave them a hose down.

They were NOT impressed.

Larry: That was NOT cool, mummy..
Ginger: Not cool at all..
Well neither was either of you escaping the pen and covering yourselves with filthy mud, busters..

Ginger: I don't know what you're talking about mummy. We are completely innocent..

Uhuh... Your muddy coats say otherwise. :P

Ginger: Hrmpff
So why don't you just go and dry out and chill out, eh?

Ginger: Maybe. But that's MY choice. I ain't taking no orders..
Larry: Umm.. and uh, what about me? You gonna let me off anytime soon?
Larry: Coz like, I was just following the pack. Team player and all that. Y'know?


Uhuh..

No comments:

Post a Comment