Monday, September 12, 2016

adventures of the muddy kind

I made a point of washing their collars yesterday and running it through with some leather conditioner. The collars came up schmick again, and we had a lovely photo shoot in the evening.



Ginger gave me her brown eyed girl bedroom eyes..



 Some side profile work..

Ginger: My collar is so schmick and shiny! Good job, mummy!
And some light modelling..


And Larry gave me some blue steel..



This morning, confident in their ability to be found, Ginger and Larry hared off first thing.

I let them out of the laundry, and 40 mins later as I went to get them for their breakfast, I was a little confused as to why there was no one running to the gate.

Somewhere in that 40 mins between me dealing with wolfiepup the wolfies had escaped the pen and gone haring off.

I walked down to the dam, and down to where I know there is a wombat hole, calling for the dogs the whole time. Came up with nothing.

Walked halfway up to the water tank, thinking maybe they'd gone up and found a muddy patch. Nothing.

Came back to the house, to see what the go was and inspect the fence. There were no gaps in the usual spots. Wolfieboy had a look also and found nothing. The only thing that must have happened was that they jumped over the fence... Unless they were smart enough to cover their tracks this time...

I notify the neighbours to keep an eye out and decide to go down the driveway, as that is our usual walk route. Nothing.

I hear barking in the distance, but as my neighbours own maremmas that bark constantly, I didn't think anything of it. However my neighbour messaged me to say that she had seen her dogs go off in one direction, and I decided I may as well investigate, since 3 out of my 4 compass points were yielding nothing. I gave up walking down the driveway and headed home.

I get to the top of the hill, still calling for the wolfies, and who do I see haring down, but Ginger, shoe polish brown, wet to the gills.. GRRRrrr

*sigh*

I send her packing to wolfieboy and start looking for Larry, who is nowhere to be seen.

I decide that I'll have to trespass onto my neighbour's property and see if I can find Larry. Perhaps I'll discover the dam they're in. I kept on having visions of a bleeding dog wagging its tail limply at the sound of my voice. Luckily that vision did not appear. And five minutes later, I spot Larry coming back. Again, brown, wet and oh so stinky....

Back we go home.

By this time it's 9am. Wolfiepup needs to go to school and I'm still in my pjs and nightgown.

I get ourselves sorted and then head out to grab some proper dog shampoo. In the meantime wolfieboy hoses them down to get most of the stench and mud off them.

My errands all done by midday, I come home and suds them up.

All shiny and clean, they get their breakfast and then spend the rest of the afternoon drying out.

Their newly cleaned leather collars are of course nowhere near the condition I had them in yesterday. But they're going to have to stay that way until tomorrow.

Larry: Sheesh, mum.. calm down..
 How can I calm down, Larry? You managed to get your face scratched in EXACTLY the same place this morning as two days ago! Are you asking to have some butch scars on your handsome face??

Larry: I don't want to be viewed as effeminate..
Ginger: You know, Larry, she's got a point. You do look a little worse for wear..

Larry: C'mon.. with a face like this, how could you not love me more??

What makes you so adamant that I got mauled anyway? Maybe I just barrelled through your gate instead..
I mean, how could I get the exact same marks twice, anyway??
eh? eh? EH??
Yeah, good point, Larry. Well, we've moved the sleepers over, so we'll see what happens tomorrow, then, eh?

Now, STAY HOME!!!

3 comments:

  1. Larry and ginger u need to be good for mummy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you tell them angelina!! someone needs to knock sense into them! lol

      Delete
  2. The amazing !I have a pet i Love a lot,I got a huge benefits from petcare petfoods offers

    ReplyDelete